At the time of writing this I’ve spent 48 years on planet Earth, I’ve enjoyed pretty much all of them and I’m looking forward to hanging around for a while yet. I am fairly fit, generally watch my weight/diet, exercise regularly and try to look after myself.
However, there’s that persistent little voice in my head which does some rough maths for me and reminds me that, statistically, I have already lived over half of my life and with each passing year the statistics won’t be working in my favour!
I’m generally a pragmatic, positive thinking type of bloke so rather than get all morbid with the approach of my ultimate demise I decided to try and spin it around and turn my ageing into an enabling time, a time to reflect on things I still want to do (before I physcially can’t do them).
I came up with a list of things that I thought needed to be done before I was beyond my mid-fifties.
I’ve already accomplished some of these and I will add them to ManCaveThinking in due course.
My mid-life-crisis to do list includes the following:-
- Create my ultimate Man Cave space (inspiration for this blog).
- Run a marathon.
- Own a 2-seater convertible sports car.
- Learn to gap-jump a reasonable dirt jump on my mountain bike.
- Comforabley swim front crawl from pier to pier (Bournemouth Pier to Boscombe Pier-1.6 mile sea swim).
- Learn to draw
- Do something creative/online.
- Learn to ollie kick-flip
- Learn to ride a Uni-Cycle
- Ride Motocross
- Ride Enduro
- Ride a surfboard and actually get to stand up.
- Compete in the MegaAvalanche mountain bike race.
The list is by no means exhaustive and I see it as a “live” document so expect it to change over time.